Sunday, March 1, 2009

Comforts

A few days ago Lou was enjoying a good book with the comfort of Stella on his lap...come to think of it, Stella looks quite comfortable as well.

Today we had planned to visit with friends in Halifax. However, as we were travelling along the highway we thought it would be wise to turn back towards home as the freezing rain was intensifying. I decided to make some "comfort" food. One of my favorite granola recipes from "More with Less Cookbook"--Koinonia Granola. Smells wonderful!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marilyn,
Oh that does look very comfy! Lou looks totally engrossed. Now I'm wondering at the title of his book!

The granola looks spectacular...I've enjoyed your granola in the past. I immediately pulled out my cookbook and there found the Koinonia Granola on page 90 of my "More with Less" cookbook.

It's fun to know that you treasure granola as one of your comfort foods! I can smell it from here...or maybe it's the peanutbutter cookies cooling in my kitchen. I wish you could come for tea...cookies and tea are great comfort foods too!

Our weather patterns are interesting this year and yours probably are too. Freezing rain isn't something you like to have to drive in if at all possible.

God bless you,
Love alice

Unknown said...

I can just feel Stella's warmth and smell that granola. Great title for the post. Comforts, indeed. You're home is always full of them.