Thursday, October 29, 2009

Books

I love to read. Over the past few years I have started to keep track of the books that I have read by writing a little about each one, how they have made a difference or not in my life and/or a distinguishing feature of the book. A few minutes ago I finished reading La Prisonniere by Malika Oufkir. It is a story of her ordeal at the hands of the regime in Morocco. It is a true story almost beyond belief..."Powerfully conveys the amazing, almost miraculous resilience of the human spirit when faced with extreme adversity...teaches us that courage, strength, determination, human dignity, hope and a sense of humour, most particularly a sense of humour-can survive even the most extreme and brutal conditions." a quote from Daily Mail.
It is truly a moving story. I recommend it. Thank you, Alice, for this book (one of many good reads that you gave me).

1 comment:

Alice said...

Hi Marilyn-
So glad the book resonated with you as it had for me. We really are fortunate to have so many excellent books available at our fingertips. Let's keep reading.