Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Pedestrians

Nova Scotians are known for being so very polite to people wishing to cross the street.  More so than anywhere we have ever lived before.  A few days ago when Lisa, Annika and I were in Dartmouth we wondered why the traffic was stopped when we saw ten large white ducks crossing from a park to the other side of the road,  ever so slowly.

Today as I was riding my bike along highway 207 in West Chezzatcook I saw this sign and took a picture.  Makes me smile.

1 comment:

Alice said...

Oh that is very sweet, Marilyn. I love the sign...it tells a great story. Your post reminded me of the Robert McCloskey book, "Make Way for Ducklings" (published in 1941 which became a Caldecott award winner)- a great children's book which tells a similar story. I'm sure Annika would enjoy it. It's also a testimony to these creatures' great innate ability to care for their young in an amazing way. Yes,let's make way for these wonderful little creatures. So great! Have a wonderful day!